- The Big Greek Cafe founders', Simos' and Nick's, parents meet in Andros, Greece.
- Simos' and Nick's parents marry. Nine months later, Simos and Nick are born to cook.
- Simos' and Nick's father opens the Golden Flame Restuarant in Silver Spring, MD.
- Simos' and Nick's mother passes and the family loses their beloved matriach. This time forces Simos and Nick to rethink their lives and future.
- Simos and Nick open The Big Greek Cafe in Silver Spring, MD in response to their mother's greater vision and legacy. Her recipes become the inspriation for the reaturant's menu.
- Simos and Nick open a second The Big Greek Cafe in Rockville, MD.